The Agenda from the 2/27 Peer Team (with my notes in red) is linked below:
James Hogan also shared some notes regarding recent Blackboard service outages:
Friday, February 22, 2013
Linked below is the Advisor Email for Priority Registration which I sent out Friday morning, 2/22:
Here are notes and talking points from the last Online Instruction Support Group meeting:
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Linked below are Ben's notes from the 2/13/2013 meeting of the KCTCS Ad Hoc Technology Planning Team.
Monday, February 11, 2013
Here's a list of Spring 2013 Advising Workshops . . .
CHANGING CLASSROOM CULTURES (February 22-23)
We have two Advising Workshops schedule for Friday, February 22 as part of the Changing Classroom Cultures conference. These sessions are:
· PTK’s C4 Workshop (2/22, 12:30-1:45, AT 211). Faculty are usually unaware of all the various types of information available to students on PS. At this workshop PTK members will demonstrate PS from a “student’s viewpoint.”
· Transfer Center: Transfer Advising Training Program (2/22, 2:00-3:15, AT 211). This workshop will introduce faculty to the newly revised transfer advising training program. We hope to provide you with the tools you need to be involved in the educational process of students as they consider furthering their education after BCTC
NEW ADVISOR TRAINING (March 1 – April 12)
New faculty members are currently undergoing advising training in preparation for the Fall semester. All faculty advisors are welcome to attend any of these sessions. Sessions are held on Fridays from 12:30 – 1:30 on the Cooper Campus in OB 310. Advisors interested in attending should contact Cindy Baker (5-6464)
- Friday, March 1….Mandatory Placement and PeopleSoft
- Friday, March 8…the AA/AS Degree Plans AND Degree Plans Online AND QuickView
- Friday, April 5….AdvisorTrac AND Phone and Email Advising
- Friday, April 12…SAP and AdvisorTrac/PeopleSoft from the Student’s View
This Spring ‘Fifth’ Friday fell Good Friday and has been moved from March to April 26. Advising Sessions are planned for this Friday.
Ben (that’s me) is creating an online training session, “The Remote Advisor”, which will provided suggestions and tips on working with students at a distance using telephones, email and social media. Look for an announcement next week.