Once again eLearning Services wants to recognize great courses KCTCS faculty have developed at each college. Please encourage faculty to submit their course(s) to the Blackboard Exemplary Course program. The 2012 Blackboard Catalyst Awards is now OPEN for submissions. Submissions are due February 29, 2012.
Benefits for participating in the Blackboard Exemplary Program include:
· Learn course design best practices to improve the engagement, collaboration, assessment and learner support within your own courses
· Develop a fresh perspective by seeing how other instructors and designers from your discipline or area of interest are developing their courses
· Apply lessons learned from the Exemplary Course Rubric to your own courses or those you are helping to develop
· Receive detailed feedback on your own course development on the best practices you are employing or areas in which it can be improved
· Gain professional development experience and recognition for your accomplishments and participation in the program
Blackboard will notify the winners in early May and recognize them at BbWorld 2012 in New Orleans, LA. Winners will receive paid registration to BbWorld 2012.
To learn more about the 2012 Exemplary Course Program or to submit a course, visit http://www.blackboard.com/platforms/learn/resources/community-programs/meet-your-peers/catalyst-awards.aspx
You will find information on how to:
· Volunteer to be a reviewer
· Download the Exemplary Course Rubric and Submit a Course for consideration
· Explore best practices and past winning courses
· Learn about how to participate in the 2012 Exemplary Course Program
eLearning Services will be sending information out to all faculty but appreciate you encouraging them to submit their courses.