Advising Evaluation Link:
Instruction Evaluation Info:
Instruction Evaluation Info:
Student Evaluations of Instruction are completed online; the link is posted on the college Web site when evaluations are active. The strategies outlined below will help improve return rates.
· Announce evaluations of instruction to your class and share with students the evaluation link. When you stress the importance of evaluations to students, students respond.
· Share the evaluation links with students via email. Either PeopleSoft or Blackboard can be used to send group email to your students.
· Post the link in your Blackboard Course shells. Placing the link inside Blackboard is easy—plus this gives students a place they can go to see the evaluation link.
· In Blackboard, track the students who have clicked the course evaluation link or, via adaptive release, make completion of a course assignments conditional upon clicking the link to the evaluation. While we cannot force students to complete the evaluation, Bb tracking features allow you to know which of your students have visited the evaluation.
· Set aside class time to complete evaluations via tablets, smart phone or laptops or send students to open computer labs to complete the evaluation. Any Internet enabled device can access the student evaluation. Open computer labs are provided for student use on every BCTC campus.
You are not in this alone. The administration will also take the following steps:
- Post prominent reminders on the college Web sit
- Email the evaluation link to students.
- Place the evaluation link in the BCTC Student Information Module in Blackboard.
- Send students a telephone reminder (automated message with location of link on College Web site)
HOW TO. . .
EMAIL STUDENTS USING BLACKBOARD
· Open Blackboard from the college Web site.
· Enter your course shell and click “tools” then “send email”.
· Select “all student users”.
EMAIL STUDENTS USING PEOPLESOFT
· Log into Student Self Service from the college homepage.
· Scroll down to the Faculty Center and click the class roster icon :
· Click “select all” and then “notify all students”.
PLACE A LINK IN BLACKBOARD
· In a Blackboard Content Area, click Build Content / Web Link.
· Cut and paste the evaluation link into the link window.
TRACK STUDENT ACCESS OF THE BB LINK
· Hover over a link you have created and click the down arrow.
· Select “Statistics Tracking (On/Off)”.
· Choose “On” then click submit.
· To view statistics, click Evaluation / Performance Dashboard.
· Click the number under “Review Status” by each user.
· Hover over an assignment you wish to restrict and click the down arrow.
· Choose “Adaptive Release”.
· Under Item 4, “Review Status”, click Browse.
· Select the link to the student evaluation. Students must now click that link before they may submit the assignment, test, etc.